Old 04-23-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Wildrose....in case you may decide to become more proactive in getting your husband's condition evaluated by a neurologist......I do have a suggestion...
It is just my own thought....
That would be to contact the office of your local representative (House of Representatives)....and request their assistance with contacting the new head of Veterans Administration with your request. At least, this would spur them into an inquiry....
I know, from experience, that nothing gets attention like receiving an inquiry from higher administration offices.....
Especially, in light of the current spotlight on the functioning (and non-functioning) of the veterans healthcare system.....if you get my drift...lol....

My ex husband was able to get excellent assistance for his elderly mother's problems through the office of Frank Wolf (our representative, in Virginia)....
Her issues were different from you husbands (she was an immigrant from Northern Ireland)...but, nevertheless....it shows what can be done if one pursues the right channels......

I can see that you know the value and are already making the ongoing notes on his condition.....
I worked in neurology for a number of years, at o ne time....and, I can tell you that these kinds of notes from a family member are invaluable....many times, a diagnosis is made from history....
New changes are particularily noteworthy as well as worsening of any old symptoms.....

I think you are doing a valiant job, by the way......

dandylion