View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hechosedrugs

Well, I talked to my lawyer about it. She said she doesn't want to be the one to tell me not to get a restraining order, because if something ever happened that would be on her conscience- but that she didn't think it would benefit me much. She said anything that happens outside of court is "hearsay". I reminded her that my aunt was also willing to testify that she had heard him say it once, but she said without any evidence it likely wouldn't go anywhere.

I don't know that I feel unsafe- but a part of me thinks I've been living in his twisted world for so long that I shouldn't trust my feelings anymore. What I do know for sure is that I don't feel my kids are safe around him. I told her this, and that I did want this brought up in court one way or another. She said it would be- but if it's going to be brought up in court, won't they be wondering why I didn't report it?

I am just baffled by this system, and I don't know that I agree with my lawyer (who is my second lawyer in this case, btw- the first was even worse!)