View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Thank You, doggonecarl

In June of 2014, you started a few threads which spoke to your relapse, albeit (and thankfully) brief. At that time you had over 1,600 days of sobriety. The agony which you expressed was palpable.

Your post was a wake-up call of sorts to me. At that time, I had about 800 days of sobriety and I was feeling rather confident - not cocky, but confident. Your threads shook that confidence and prompted me to seriously re-examine that confidence - if an SR icon of the likes of doggonecarl could relapse, well then none of us are immune to the perils of temptation. So I boosted my SR time, spent more time meditating, learned more about alcoholism, and made sobriety my life's bottom-line - "If I am sober, no matter what else happens in life, I can face it well".

I reached 1,600 days of sobriety yesterday - not in small part thanks to the honesty of your threads in June of 2014.

I just wanted to let you know how much you helped me. I am sure that I am not the only one; I am certain that your straight-forward, tell-it-like-it is, and honest SR style has helped many, many of us.

Thank you, doggonecarl.