Old 04-22-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wildrosejmj

Thanks for your thoughts, Teatree. Yes, he does have a counselor, who I thought I had a good relationship with up until Jan., when she turned on me and told me that this was all his response to me "treating him like a child" and, "beating him down all these years." I felt like I was Alice in Wonderland - the whole world turned upside down and backwards.

He's never struck me as depressed, just increasingly not caring about anything or about what other people think. He has a good appetite when I give him his food, he just won't bother to get something if I don't hand it do him - or if he does it's just peanut butter bread or cereal. If I bake he's right there asking if there is extra batter or frosting. He likes it when I bring home ice cream for him and is happy to eat it. Honestly, he behaves more like a kid than some of the kids. Everything should be the way he wants it and everyone should just be and act in whatever way works for him alone. At least the kids understand reason and I can explain things to them. There's no explaining stuff to him. We just do our best to keep things on an even keel and running smoothly.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I guess we just wait and see now.

Thanks so much, Jen