View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
feebell

Scared of Relapse

Hi folks, so my RAM is just over one year sober and doing extremely well, very proud of her, however, I keep having these moments of high anxiety and panic over the thought of her relapsing! I don't know why as she has shown no concern to me or my family of relapsing at this present time or anytime in the last year. She is working her SMART recovery day by day, attending meetings 4 times a week, getting on with her life and not depending on us as a family to make sure she is kept busy, she's doing her own thing. We have also just found out that my brothers wife is pregnant so she will be a granny for the first time, which she is super excited about. Like I said I have no reason to feel like this but I do and it's starting to get me down. I'm also starting to feel resentment towards her and again I'm not sure why and I'm planning in my head what I'm going to do if she does relapse, it's like everything I thought I'd come to terms with is raising its little head again! Anyone else felt like this after 1 years sobriety from their addict??

Fee X