Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wildrosejmj

Feeling, you hit the nail on the head there. That is exactly what happens. He goes to his appointments all smooth and chatty. I will say, even that has declined some lately, but he still knows how to put on a show for them.

He gets all his care at the VA and did just have a physical that checked out perfect (they did a full panel of blood work). I would love to get him in for a second opinion or to see a nuerologist, but there lies another problem I forgot to mention - he doesn't think there is anything wrong! Now, as time goes on, I've lately begun to suspect that, deep down, he knows something isn't right, but that has been a huge source of contention and I've decided to let it all drop for the time being. The kids and I have very busy, active lives so we pretty much just carry on without him.

Thanks so much for the replies so far. I know there is no crystal ball or magic answer, but I've read almost every article I can find on brain damage from alcoholism and what little info I've found doesn't really fit what I'm seeing, especially that he isn't getting any better. It's one of things where, I just want to know. We've been through so much already, I can handle whatever comes - I just would like to know what we're dealing with.

Jen