View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
daughter08

Originally Posted by alcoholics wife View Post
Although you are still very young and have a long life ahead of you, it's good that you and your AXbf didn't work out. Although, be very careful not to fall into the same pattern of falling for the wrong guys. On a subconscious level, people tend to pick partners that resemble their family dynamic in someway. Eg. An addict and a codependant almost always choose each other.

In terms of how to cope with your feelings, venting about it helps. If you can't talk to friends about them due to embarrassment, thank goodness for technology and forums like this.

I understand that money is an issue being a student but what about finding very cheap rent somewhere with a roommate?
I have one friend outside of the *ethnic* community that I comfortable talking to about this, so I'll definitely ask her to lend an ear, she's been very supportive.

I am thinking more and more about moving out- I would need to work more hours, a lot more (right now I work more for the prestige of the place, the number of hours is negligible) and probably take out a loan, though, because I don't know how right it would be and how much I could ask my parents to help out, and I don't know if this is the right decision but since the situation at home is unpleasant but not exactly precarious (yet) I'd rather wait it out a little more rent-free. It doesn't exactly interfere with my everyday life- it's more that it's emotionally draining when I let it become emotionally draining, so yeah, I'd rather be away from it. I also feel guilty about leaving my mother alone even though I probably shouldn't.

Moving out is definitely on my mind and my parents know that very clearly, although they act offended when I mention that I would like to. Why would I, right? Everything is so perfect ! *sarcasm*