View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
daughter08

Originally Posted by INgal View Post
Wow. You are a very bright 19 y.o. And you have every right to feel as you do. It's a very sad to see someone who should be a role model deteriorate before your eyes.
Your dad is going to continue drinking until he's ready to quit. It's super frustrating to those of us who have never had the problem. If you can get to an Alateen meeting, it might help you a great deal. And stay connected through here as well. As far as the bratty part, it's completely understandable. Its a way of communicating without actually confronting him. Focus on your future and do what's best for you. Don't let anyone get in the way of your goals.
Thank you for your message ! Honestly wow this thread amazes me. Thank you so much for your support.

My therapist has recommended that I go to Alateen but I'm still very uncomfortable discussing all of this and have been made to feel like his habit is "not so bad" compared to other alcoholics, so I'm a bit insecure about having it "easier" than other people.. Also, isn't Alateen religious ? I've had bad experience in faith-based spaces. How open-minded are they, how much of the discussion is centered around God ?