Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
amy55

Hi, just wanted to give a short update.

I talk to my cousin everyday for about 2 to 3 hours. He is sounding a lot better then he did before. Less depressed, but more obsessed about getting totally legal now, meaning getting info as to all the fines and fees that he needs to pay to get an actual drivers license for a car.

I'm letting all of this go for now, because I know he must be feeling so excited to have some mobility and a form of communication. I'll be pushing the job thing again later this week. It seems like he is using this time to increase his self esteem and self confidence. I really never knew what rock bottom was till I started talking to my cousin.

He's talking about applying for a job doing road work. This is good because it pays decent, and he doesn't have to drive. He might need his GED though, which we will work on also. After talking to him for so many hours this last month, I'm confident he can get a GED.

I do have to admit that he makes me feel good about myself also. He thanks me for motivating him, that he did more in the last 30 days to better his life, then he did in the last 10 years. Our phone conversations are now more personal then desperation, which I feel really good about.

Thanks for being here for me when I was feeling desperate, and I will update when he gets a job.

((((((hugs)))))
amy