Old 04-18-2016, 02:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MAYA1

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
Both when I was drinking, and in early sobriety (Pre. 12-step and recovery work) I very much felt the victim, and that NOTHING was my fault.

He is, mentally, right at the centre of everyone's universe and is bewildered when people don't make everything they think, do and say all about him.
Becky bean - thank you for your post!
I feel like another part of my past life with an alcoholic/addict makes more sense.
I haven't been in touch with him for 9 weeks now and sometimes I have weak moments and want to contact him, But he is not in recovery.
He does know he has a problem and knows exactly what he should do. However, he prefers to be in denial.
He told me the city we used to live it was boring (one of the nicest and biggest cities in EU) , that's why he relapsed and that all people were also boring/not interesting (including me, of course) it makes me laugh after reading your post... .

My ex now drinks occasionally, has new good job, new girlfriend (after 2 months), lives in different contry and seems super happy. It makes me sad as he never apologized or returned my money as agreed. Based on ur post I believe he don't even see how much he hurt me and other of his close friends?

Thanks!!!