View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Vinificent
Reality...what a concept!

The examples you have given can be found with the overuse/abuse of just about anything. Some people are just lucky.

My father smoked two packs (40) unfiltered cigarettes every day for 60 years. He died a slow and painful death because he was ravaged with cancer from the waist down, but his heart and lungs remained remarkably strong. The oncologists could not believe his smoking habits due to the virtual non-effect on his heart and lung functions, but it was documented by his own GP and my mother's pulmonary doctor.

The reason my mother's pulmonary doctor had this information was because she also died a slow and painful death '- from COPD. She smoked, he enabled it, neither believed it caused them any health problems, even after she died from it.

I understand you are sharing your story on here because there are people who may feel it's too late to quit drinking and they shouldn't feel that way. But please make sure other family members don't look upon these incredibly fortunate women and believe it will automatically be the norm for them as well.