View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dcallender

Bravo FreeDance - I'm happy to know I'm not alone!
I woke up this morning still feeling upset by that SNL skit that showed me that SNL has sunk to a new insensitive low! I am not nor never have been an addict of drugs or alcohol but watching that skit not even an hour after a friend of my sent me a text to say that he had a relapse (for the umpteenth time) really made me angry and sad about what we consider comedic. I was thinking to write SNL too and then I thought - they must have struck a nerve around the world so I googled to see if anyone else was equally disturbed by it which is how I found this thread and why I registered to this group just now. It's as if the SNL writers have forgotten that some of their greatest most legendary funnymen (John Belushi, Chris Farley) lost their lives to the same substances they are making light of! Even outside of SNL world, I'm still saddened to think of other entertainers that I loved to watch like Philip Seymour Hoffman (who suffered secretly) and Scott Weiland (who suffered not so secretly). Making fun of this is on par with making fun of anorexia, bulimia or any other disorder!