View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Troubledsister

My son did enjoy his day and that's huge. However the fallout is my husband is still reeling over the fact that AB showed up literally one second before service was to start and then walked in wo even a glance or hello towards us. I said hi? just to break the hurtful silence (only clergy us and son were in hall about to walk in procession into sanctuary). My husband feels like AB ruined the ceremony for him. I know this is addict behavior but we are struggling as a couple now for feeling bullied into inviting him a second time when he first claimed not to receive his invitation in the mail (clearly a lie.) Although ABs behavior shocked me I was able to enjoy my sons day, due in large part to knowledge I have gained here.

At the party following the service AB continued ignoring my hubbie to point of walking away if hubbie came near. I forced a couple awkward moments of hellos where there was no eye contact.

I'm positive my AB spun the whole thing to my parents who are treating me/us progressively worse and Im feeling hopeless about whether or not to address things, knowing they likely won't change.

We are at point of detaching w love from ALL of them which is painful for me. But I need to keep my family together. We have other stresses (illnesses of aging in laws my mom etc as well as son w Aspergers)

Thanks for listening.