View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
WhatBeast

Hi pals. Just wanted to say I have been in the process of moving out of a state I've lived in for 34 years, back to my home state. I feel great about it but if I were still drinking I'd be terrified which would of course be eased and numbed with alcohol. This would then have generated more terror...

Here's what just happened. After single handedly packing and moving all my stuff into storage in my building'a basement (I'm still terrible at asking for help), I just realized somebody robbed me of some items. I was shocked as this is a 55 and over HOA Inhabited by Quakers and other nice elderly people.

Anywhoooo I felt so violated and exhausted that my beast found its voice and was barking loudly.

So I got some bubbly water and took a break. (Wow. A break! What a concept!) I grabbed my phone and read this inspiring thread. It didn't take long for the beast to quiet down. It's good to go through moments like this and experience how quickly the beast backs off if you refuse to give it any energy and instead seek out your sober wise ones.