Old 04-12-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

I once put a newspaper in the fridge. It was in my HAND.

I think the problem is I need more hands. If I put something down, it's even money whether I will put it down where I can find it again. I remember, back when I worked in an office, wandering around for at least half an hour trying to find where I put my coffee cup. I had a habit of putting it on top of filing cabinets in other people's offices, but I could never remember WHOSE.

Yeah, those "really smart places" are a killer, too. And the thing is, you never know when to throw in the towel and give up. I can't tell you how long I searched for a diamond ring and pair of earrings my last ex gave me. We had split up when I noticed they were gone, and I actually asked him whether he took them. He got all indignant about being accused of theft. I wasn't positive, so I said, "I'm not ACCUSING, I'm ASKING. Some people feel it's OK to take back gifts when they break up." He continued to deny it, so I really still have no idea what happened to them. I was drinking a lot back in those days, so I can't be certain I didn't do something stupid with them, myself.