Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
huffington82

Hello

Good day/evening to you all.

I'm 34 and new here, living in London where alcohol practically fuels everything that happens.

My situation: decent job, more to come on that front, partner away with work every week Mon to Thurs, no family nearby, have managed to be sober for 26 days. I'm sat here with my first beer for nearly 4 weeks, in a pub. People around me are doing shots.

The rational thought process (or not): it's only one pint, 3.5%, the lowest they had on the bar. I'm enjoying company of others that at home just isn't there. I'm not getting plastered like them on a Monday.

But my god, it could easily happen. I have been known to get through up to 14 beers in a night and somehow I still manage to crawl into work when when I fall asleep on the train home and have to walk back to my town for 5 hours down mostly unlit roads not knowing which direction I'm heading in. I'm thinking thank god the pub closes in one hour. I'm also applauding my decision to never ever again keep alcohol in the house.

Sigh. I guess life goes on and I try again tomorrow. Thank you for reading my post and I hope everyone is well.