Thread: Not This
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by OnlyOneProblem View Post
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

I recall in the summer of 2013 when I said “NOT THIS”, I did not have a plan B. It didn’t matter. I had enough. I also felt that continuing to live in my alcoholic marriage would kill me.

RAH has been sober since that time. Attends meetings 5 days a week. Life is much better. What I didn’t realize at that time was stopping the drinking was only the first step. Embracing recovery and working the program requires time and patience.

I find myself today considering NOT THIS. His unacceptable behavior, holding a resentment towards me without taking the time to talk to me like an adult about his feelings and having that resentment be reflected on me in the same manner as if he were drinking is tiring.

I attended a meeting today and walked away with some golden nuggets that I’m sure will help me on my journey.

Thanks for your experience, strength and hope. You are awesome!
Isn't it funny (not ha ha, more ah ha) that wherever we are in our paths along life and figuring ourselves out, there is ALWAYS going to be a need for reminding of this-- that we can say 'not this' and that that IS enough.

2013- summer of that year too for me was when I reached the 'not this' point... It has been a long journey-- one I will be on for the rest of my life.. but I have to say, it's a whole lot better living life this way than it was in the pre-not this years!

The validation of knowing that I need not justify, rationalize or have ANYONE else agree with me and that I can simply say 'not this' and not for me, and no more and that that IS enough for me to make a decision, is just amazing and overwhelming...

I almost want to go get this tatooed on myself somewhere to look at 1,000,000 times a day...

Sounds like you are putting to work this not this-ness day to day too! So happy for you!