Thread: Its been months
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by JustAnotherDay View Post
No fight just told him to clean his act up or he'd be out of the house. That was the deal, he has ONE responsibility and that was to keep sober.

Two nights after this he came home both nights and drank in his truck.

Called him today as he was supposed to be doing some work for a colleague of mine (THANK GOD SHES NT HOME!) and he sounded like he'd already been drinking. I'm furious.

Now what??

I made it very clear with the eviction notice that there would be absolutely no drinking in my house. I told him the other day I was playing his back n forth games for the rest of my life and if he isn't serious about sobriety then we would not be able to be together.

Should I just let him go for good?
At risk of sounding harsh, YES.

You told him IF he is not sober THEN he can not live in your home.

You also stated that he has been drinking for the last week.

So, it seems to me that you laid out the groundwork of what would occur if this was the path he chose.

But now is the hard part of whether you hold him to the ultimatums you've set.

I was the QUEEN of saying "this is the last chance" and then giving 100 more chances. So I am not judging at all.

I am just kindly saying look at what you told us you have told him and then consider his reaction since.

It is clear he intends to drink, and lie and be sneaky about it.

If you can not live with that (as no one should have to), you've already clearly laid out for him what the consequence is.

But whether you feel comfortable pulling that trigger to have him go, is something only you can decide.

Did you think (as I did many times with my xAH) that the ultimatum alone would be enough to scare him into sobriety? I wish that were the case with these situations... I dont think it works that way too often if at all though.