View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MikeM

Recovery on the hormonal level

Hi,

Since I quit, I've noticed a great deal of physical changes. Losing weight. Smoother skin. Hair growing back. Sharper vision. Lots of stuff.

My liver is healthy as well, thank God. I do have persistent stomach pains though and I'm going to see me doctor about it next week. I had gotten so used to them and they were pretty infrequent, so I forgot about them. They're getting more frequent though and they hurt like a heart-attack. Literally. I know someone who had both stomach problems and a heart attack and they feel exactly the same.

But my question is about recovery on the hormonal level. I read that drinking beer lowers testosteron and causes more estrogen to exist in the body. Which can lead to hair loss (which I had), "man-boobs" (which I didn't have) and shrinking of testicles (I swear to God, if I had that, I would have quit much sooner!).

But the fact that I lost hair which is now growing back tells me that I had those hormonal changes. And there are no more hairs on my pillow anymore.

How long exactly does it take for the hormones to be back to normal though? I'm at 60 days. Is that long enough? Or does it take longer?

Ok, back to bed for me. Woke up for a moment and couldn't get this question out of my head.