View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dean1978

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
I am all in favor of people helping people, but some people don't really help, even though they think they do, if that makes any sense.

Sometimes, the BEST thing for recovering addicts is to get away from all their old friends and even family who were part of their life in addiction; who somehow fed into the problem. Some people are well-meaning, but are still mean. Some people are self-righteous, but mean in trying to "correct" you.

Know yourself and what it is you need to be healthy and whole, that's my best advice...sometimes you need to be alone to really "know" yourself; know your LIMITS, know what really feeds you with "good food"; know what helps you grow in the right direction, know what HINDERS you from making good progress; know what's healthy and what's not; know what you need to really HEAL and what is just a "band-aide".
Great insight TeeTree and totally agree. It is your journey, and deep down I guess its all our journey. My comment wasnt to belittle or make things easier, moreso on how people dealt with theres and moved forward as some are more lucky than others etc.