View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
nova84

My gratitude list today is going to be slightly different. I just wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude for that decision I didn't know I was going to make on that Monday in January, but one that has transformed my life for the better. Every day since, I have experienced a sense of relief that alcohol is no longer a part of my life. The decision to thrive in sobriety has opened the door to a great many other positive changes in my life, which it had been preventing. I am begining to finally know what it is like to be at peace with myself, to deal with difficulties from the past in a healthy and healing way. I have grown as a person and am working hard to implement the strategies I have been learning about in the inspirational audiobooks I have been listening to. I am finally beginning to love and value myself. I have given myself the gift of health; being 23 lbs lighter so far, running three times a week and fueling my body (and not my emotions) with wholesome nutritious food. I finally have a life with true meaning and happiness...and guess what...it was here for me all along x