Thread: Vacations
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ALinNS

Maybe 10 years ago +/- I thought the fake beer would be ok, I was cutting up firewood and had a six pack, the AV took over and I didn't really realize at the time, it said, hey Andrew this stuff tastes the same, cost the same so why not just buy what you like, I did which ended up being a two week binge, not a good thing for a single parent of two teenagers to have done and my daughter to this day holds it against me.

For me going to a bar with my significant other would be fine as she doesn't drink, simply doesn't like the taste however it's rare that we do. There is a pub that has amazing food not far from her house that we have been to a few times and I was fine, actually felt sorry for those drunk.

I was in Cuba at an all inclusive in March last year and it took everything in me to stay away from the booze, I would leave the resort almost daily and do something as the temptation was simply red lining what I could handle.

I fully understand we are all different, some could handle it no problem, others would slip. We are headed to Mexico in a couple of weeks however we chose an all inclusive resort that does not serve alcohol, our safety net.

All the best
Andrew