View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
vcfanatic

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
It makes me sick to have to put so much though into all of this, but this is my life for now, until my child is older. My child is 10.5 years old for those who would want to know that.
As a mom, I totally agree with you here. Its wrong, it's unfair, but these are the circumstances we wrestle with when we're dealing with a parent who refuses to get sober. I think yeah, you could go, have a plan in place and then try to enjoy yourself. Could you or would you be too worried the whole time? I say don't push YOURSELF to do this if you aren't ready- listen and honor that voice that tells you to wait. Your daughter won't be 10 years old forever and this just might be something you're not willing to take a chance with for now- and that's ok. In six months or a year the circumstances maybe different and you may feel differently...

You mentioned that you have isolated yourself from friends so there's definitely ample opportunity to connect and do things locally while rebuilding and strengthening friendships. It sounds like you've made such incredible strides in your life but still: step by step, day at a time, kwim? I hope you enjoy your weekend without having to endure extra worries