View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
LBrain

hello...
I find that sometimes I start getting back to old habits - or emotional type things really. When I find myself becoming impatient or short tempered, I have to remind myself to slow down and practice mindfulness. Along with mindfulness will come tolerance and acceptance. And naturally, peace of mind and well being are byproducts of those feelings.

I have a fresh example...
I started coffee. I got my bag of oats and poured into the bigger small bowl - wow, too many oats but not more than I think I can do. I add water, probably not enough and zap it for a couple minutes. I discover there is only enough buckwheat honey in the jar for about 1/3 of the oats. I add walnuts and since we is out out of fruit this morning I decided to add some cocoa powder. Because I didn't turn on the lights, I am adding cocoa powder in the 'dark'. Hard to tell but it looks like WAY too much cocoa. I stir it all together and I have this dry bitter chocolate flavored bowl of mush with the consistency of play dough. I don't even have the foo-foo stuff for my coffee to counter the bitter chocolate dough. It kinda reminds me of bear scat.
But I'm being a tough sob and eating it. Most people would call it nasty. The thing is, I didn't have a fit when the chocolate powder came dumping into the bowl. I just went with it. Unfortunately I have nothing to counter the bitterness. There might be sugar in the cupboard, but I don't use it. It's for guests.

So anyway, my day started of by what can either be called BAD START, or can be called a test of my ability to laugh at myself. I chose the latter.