Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
don't worry about how HE files HIS taxes.....you have a court order that clearly states you are allowed to claim both children. period. don't even TALK to him about it!??? don't talk to him about anything. you still give the blowhard WAY too much power.

which i know is all well and good and easy for ME to say. but i think you would do well to practice reacting LESS every time he sneezes. or threatens court. if YOU adhere to the parenting plan, to the court order, dot your "I's and cross your "T's" you will save yourself a lot of grief down the road.

don't poke the bear. go as radio silent as possible. give him NOTHING to latch on to.
Sorry- I was not clear-- my fault. He's been emailing me about this. I haven't replied to him at all though.

I'm definitely reacting here-- you all see and hear my anxiety over this. But to HIM, Im not reacting about this.

He emailed me 11 x since Sunday ranting that he has a right to see my taxes filed this year (nope, he doesn't) and that he is claiming DD10 as is his "right" and that I had "better not" claim both kids...

Lots of baiting, lots of stuff that I was inclined to reply to and defend myself about.

I didn't though.

Even with NO reply, he continues... and it wears at me and raises my anxiety about what he will do if I adhere to the court order.

He clearly knows what the decree says, he knows he's in arrears for child support... So he's trying to bully me... Same old same old...

Mentally it wears on me and has an impact... I guess it's a slow process for me to go from reacting to him, responding to him, defending myself to him to being silent but it still takes up space in my mind... I hate that... And that's my thing to work on for sure (along with a million other things!)