Thread: Pre-Lapse
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bunny211

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
Hi Bunny. Well done for getting to some meetings. Do you have a sponsor and other AAers you can telephone or text? I know that this has been very helpful for me. How are you getting on with the steps?
Thanks everyone.
I am sharing my 5th step with my sponsor this weekend.
I am active in Big Book Step Study meetings - I attend 4-5 per week.
I do call and speak with other AA'ers pretty much daily.
I contacted a friend of mine from rehab who has been in and out since we left rehab. She wants me to call her tonight so she can share her relapse story with me....she tried to moderate and failed miserably.

I told my sponsor last night that I feel like I am getting sicker and NOT getting better. She said that was normal...that my big book work is meant to shake me up and rearrange my life in such a way that I do not know if I am coming or going for a good long while now. She said it takes 5 years to get your marbles back and 5 more years to learn how to play with them.

I do wish I had more open speaker/speaker discussion meetings I could attend. My sponsor frowns upon them. Since I have not made amends I am not eligible to share at the meetings I attend. I really wish I could go to a meeting and just be real and say "I really want to F***ing drink."