Thread: Pre-Lapse
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ALinNS

November of last year I had over two years of sobriety, everything in my life had turned around, was doing excellent, had met a lady of my dreams in June. So I am working on this massive fruit farm, our Jamaican Migrant workers are getting ready to head home for a few months, I love my job, what I do and the staff (around 150 staff) and have a management position. Receive a text from the staff inviting me to a Jerk Chicken going home party at one of the bunk houses, I went, was offered a beer and declined, one of the workers asked if the Jamaican beer was not good enough for me, made me feel guilty (BS but that was the thought at the time) so I thought gosh it's been a couple of years, one should be ok, that turned into a three+ week binge that created a lot of problems, cost me my job and my relationship although we worked it out on Dec 31st and have been back together ever since.

We can't moderate if we are an alcoholic it's really that simple, we have a phrase we use 1 is too many and 1,000 is not enough, Please do not let the addictive voice suck you into having a drink.

Wishing you the best
Andrew