View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
jenniferlynne76

Originally Posted by Rayn3dr0p View Post
bluelily, your comment reminds me of something I said to my friend just yesterday. We were having a pretty typical "boys are dumb" kind of conversation to blow off some steam, and I told her that part of the reason I'm not ready to call it quits with my ABF is because everyone has issues and at least I know what his issues are. It took me 8 years to learn all about his issues, and I'm too tired to learn someone else's all over again. In other words, I'd rather settle for familiarity. What does this say of my opinion of relationships? Do I seem like someone who expects to receive as well as give? (These are rhetorical questions. I know how jaded all of this sounds.)
I felt that way about my now XH. I felt relieved to know I wasn't going to have to do the dating thing again and learn about someone else's issues, etc. Thinking about it is exhausting. And I think, in some ways, I feel the same about ABF now. Not enough to make me want to stay. (The "bad" outweighs the "good" at this point...) But I completely understand where you're coming from!