View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
jenniferlynne76

Originally Posted by bluelily View Post
You know, I´ve been wondering if there is something of this in me and it´s a bit different. I don´t really feel better than others, I feel like I´m under the obligation to give give give to others and not to myself. Like being with a man is some kind of burden, not something to be enjoyed. Someone once told me You never seem to give to yourself, and now I´m seeing it might be true.
I´ve been wondering lately what it would be like to be with someone (in a romantic relationship) who would freely give to me and I was surprised to find that was hard to imagine.
Not sure if someone else feels like this?
I definitely feel this way. My mom and I were taking about it on my way into work this morning. It's not that I don't feel like I'm deserving. I just feel like other people's needs matter more than mine for some reason. I've always taken so much pleasure in giving to and doing for others. Seeing their joy. But at what cost? I also have no idea what it would be like to be in an "equal" relationship as I've never been in one! So I'm asking myself the same thing... Why?