View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
jenniferlynne76

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Hi Jennifer, and welcome to the family
Thanks, Amy!

I'm going to get a little strange here, so please bear with me. To me, a HS sweetheart, is like trying to relive your past because you don't really like the present time.
I wouldn't say in my personal circumstances it was trying to relive the past because I didn't like the present time. Trying to rekindle the past, absolutely. But at the time it had nothing to do with escaping from the present. At least not for me...

This guy that you are talking about is abusive. Presently he is mentally, verbally, emotionally abusive, perhaps even financially.
I agree. I didn't see it that way initially, but I *definitely* do now.

This isn't even a very long relationship, or a decade long relationship, and he is already verbally abusive to you. He is cutting down your self confidence and self esteem. He is showing you no respect with your apt, and the new things you purchased for it. This is stuff that you got, and you felt good about yourself for pushing forward like this, and he is disrespecting it.
He is. And we all know that it's unacceptable.

I don't usually talk like this, but you wanted people to be straightforward, so that you could do what you needed to do, to put this in your past.
By all means. I appreciate everyone's honesty and appreciate you sharing. It's refreshing! (I've been dealing with so many lies...)

[QUOTE{Where are his friends? does he have any? or did he burn those out also?[/QUOTE]

He burned them out too. And he hasn't even made an attempt to make new once since moving here which is something I've asked him about. I've told him that I don't want the pressure of being his only person here and I'm not going to turn down opportunities to see/be with my friends any longer so I can spend time with him. Otherwise I will end up alone as well. I know he's struggling with my having a social life that doesn't include him. But I can only be concerned with me and my life. Not his reactions to things. If he wants to make friends there are plenty of ways to do that...

I know you have been through h3ll, now you are going to get out of there.
Yes I am darn it! And thank you so much for your support, Amy!