View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Kata

Originally Posted by bluelily View Post
You know, I´ve been wondering if there is something of this in me and it´s a bit different. I don´t really feel better than others, I feel like I´m under the obligation to give give give to others and not to myself. Like being with a man is some kind of burden, not something to be enjoyed. Someone once told me You never seem to give to yourself, and now I´m seeing it might be true.
I´ve been wondering lately what it would be like to be with someone (in a romantic relationship) who would freely give to me and I was surprised to find that was hard to imagine.
Not sure if someone else feels like this?
I used to be like you in a way. Although I didn't feel like being with a man was some kind of burden. However, I always gave gave gave ans never got much in return. Then I met the man that was to be my partner for 4 years (before XABF). The relationship may not have lasted. More than 4 years, but it was the healthiest relationship I've ever been in. We both gave freely without asking anything in return. And when both partners give freely, it makes for a very rewarding relationship. I could write a long novel about that relationship, but it's not the point. My point is that it is possible and that men who give freely are out there!