View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
jenniferlynne76

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Jennifer.....I don't know if you live in the states or not... (a couple of words that you used make me think that, possibly, you do not.....
I do live in the States. But now I'm curious to know where you thought I might live instead! LOL

I don't know if you have CoDA meetings in your location---Co-Dependents Anonymous......
I think that may be more specific to your needs (in addition to your therapy).....
I don't know either, but it's certainly something I can look into. My therapist didn't mention it when we talked about other resources last evening, but that doesn't mean anything...

Alanon--too bad about the schedule. do you ever get a day off? If so, maybe you could make some meetings on those days........
Sadly, no. I work a very full schedule for a highly regulated organization so I don't have a lot of flexibility.

I am going to make a guess---that you have issues from your early growing up years that you have brought as baggage into all of your adult relationships.....
That is a very common thing, you know.....
If a person is thirsty for intimacy and love....and, especially if they may have low self-esteem.....they will be drawn to it ANYWHERE and with anyone who offers it.....That is a very human reaction. And, unfortunately, if it is not from the right person.....it is like emotional heroine....very addictive (and, with the same destructive consequences)......
I agree 100% and couldn't have said it better myself!

Thank you so much for your support dandylion!