View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

There's a very good reason why some topics are off limits Mike
Soberrecovery is a forum for those recovering from alcohol and substance abuse addictions and help for family and friends whos lives have been affected by someone else's addiction. Although we care about everyone and all the issues our members struggle with we feel that some topics can cause damage to those who are trying to recover on our forums. Posts with serious suicide threats, details of sexual abuse, and details of sexual addiction are many times too much of a trigger for some of our members and can trigger a relapse in recovery. General discussions are welcome.

We will remove posts at our discretion that contain triggering content. Please do not take this as rejection. It is our way of protecting everyone here. If you are in crisis please call your physician, visit a hospital emergency room of call a hotline.
I'm sorry if you took that as rejection, or that you feel 'less than' because of it, but I think you got a fair hearing yesterday and again here today.

Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent, Mike - so I suggest you continue to do in your private life whatever you see fit, and continue to use SR to help you, and in turn help you help others with their substance abuse issues.

Dare I hope we can move on now?

Dee
SR