View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Delilah1

To Heaven and Back

My friend invited me to her church to hear Dr. Mary Neal speak today. She is an Orthopedic Surgeon who had a Near Death Experince while kayaking in Chile back in 1999. She wrote the book To Heaven and Back and her story is very inspirational.

She shares what she sees, but her message was one of faith and in truly believing. It was also one of gratitude for all that we have in life, family, nature, and she challenged each of us to begin journaling about the difficulties we have faced in life: losses, illnesses, addictions, and to look deeply at how there is beauty in each situation, even if it is difficult to find right away.

I am looking forward to reading her book, and actually found a brand new journal to just start doing some deeper introspection and also to think about the amazing life that surrounds each of us.

I know not everyone believes in a higher power, but I thought I would share this with you in case any of you want to read her book, or do some souls searching of your own as part of your recovery.

Hope you all have an excellent start to the work week.

❤️ Delilah