Thread: Intervention
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Liveitwell

Intervention

Sunday night watching Intervention. I see things through such a different lens now after going through all I have. All of the things they say are true...

- behind every addict is an enabler and codependent.
- That enabler/codependent is just as addicted to that addict as the addict is to the substance.

God this is so true....so damn true. I look back and clearly see how I enabled my exs drinking....in many ways (drinking with him for years and years) but most of all by not walking away the first time drinking caused an issue.
This is not rocket science and is truly so simple....just thought I'd pass on to those of y'all struggling with "why is my ex moving on so quickly" or "why doesn't he stop with everything he's lost"....(I used to struggle with these too)...he has a new enabler (or many) and he/she doesn't want to let him go either. Pray the enablers in his life turn to God and have the courage to love him properly-by letting him fall. That is the most loving thing any human can do.

It's nice not being in that role anymore...I wear many labels but enabler is not one of them. I'm happy about that.

Sunday thoughts....just my two cents