Old 04-01-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
amy55

Just wanted you to know I am still here, and still listening to cheap alternatives for him. I can't and won't purchase any of these things for him. It may keep him home instead of going out and doing what he needs to do.

There was a delay in the paperwork getting to him to register the scooter. So this will probably be done by this coming Wednesday. (A week later then what I had originally thought). I did send him food from Amazon Prime Pantry.

Also seems he somehow was adopted by a dog. (lol) Dog shows up in the morning, and stays with him all day. It's a stray dog. My cousin will not not feed the dog, because he doesn't want the dog to starve, and he will not call aspca on the dog, because of a risk of a kill shelter. Now I also love animals, so I sent him a case of dog food, and told him if the dog doesn't come back, then to donate the food.

Last night my cousin called me, and it was things that I really didn't want to discuss with him. He wanted to talk about his mom. He wanted to talk about his childhood. His mom was schizophrenic, she died in a pysch ward. She sold him and his brother to their father for $5000. Then she more or less just walked away, except for maybe 3 visits with them when they were in their teens. They were 4 and 7 when she left.

I knew he wanted me to tell him that his mom loved him, so I did, I told him that she had a mental illness (which he knew about) and that she loved him the best that she was capable of, and that she knew that they would be better off with their father then with her. It seemed to comfort him a little bit.

So, still keeping notes on everything here that can help him, once he gets a job.

Any ideas on Roku when you have bad reception, or those signal boosters for cell phone?

I do love my cousin a lot. I also enjoy talking to him, and I am hoping so much that this was just the push that he needed.

Thanks again, and will update, (even if my gut feeling was wrong about him)
(((((hugs))))))
amy