Old 04-01-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Welcome Ryan. The whole idea is dead simple and the degree of difficulty is optional, it's largely up to us. We can do this the hard way and struggle against what is real and ultimately fail, or we can take the lazy easy way out and accept that drinking is done. I voted for lazy and easy myself. I accepted my drinking was over - all of it. And I chose to look at it as the end of the hangovers and nausea, the end of the depression and anxiety, the shame and the guilt. I chose to look at it that way simply because that would make my success more likely. I chose to look at it as the beginning of new pleasures, joys, satisfactions and accomplishments.

You can look at it as deprivation if you want, a struggle, a disease, a genetic curse, but I personally didn't find that helpful for me. Sorta like the monkey that is trapped by his refusal to let go the banana.

You can do this. You deserve it. You don't deserve that life of misery and anguish and shame. Let go the banana, and grab onto life and never let go. Onward!