Old 03-31-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

I bought some big, concrete planters for my compact hollies today. They look nice and traditional, just what I wanted. Plain and simple is sometimes the best. It will look great next to the brick on my house. I'll pot them this evening and take pics tomorrow unless it's raining hard. A storm is rolling in tonight.

While I was there, I picked up some cilantro, parsley, basil, yellow grape tomatoes, and several bags of potting soil on sale. The manager told me about a special on some roses -- $1 per rose bush!! I grabbed three of them. Googled them just now and discovered they are Amber Flower Carpet roses, a groundcover rose that's perfect for landscaping beds. I am going back to get the rest of them at this price!! I hope no one gets them before I do, lol. At this price, I can afford to fill up our entire bed I created last summer with the edging stones.

We are calling 811 before we dig to make sure it's ok, and then my husband is going to dig down about 12 inches to get up all the grass and roots and weeds. We'll put in the roses, some black dirt, fertilizer, and mulch the bed. It will be lots of hard work.

Tomorrow is my three-year sober anniversary. I'm working tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., but there might be some ice-cream and cake happening at some point.