Thread: Anxiety attack
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

I've never had a true anxiety attack. The closest thing to it that I have experienced was when I was getting a root canal one time and as the endodontist was numbing my up all of the sudden I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest with heavy pounding, became very short of breath and thought to myself, "Oh my gosh, this feels like a panic attack!" It passed relatively quickly. But I couldn't say anything at the moment as I was laying there with my mouth open and needle in it ! I think what happened is the epinephrine that was given along with the novacaine somehow got a little of it in my bloodstream. So from there on out I was told by dentists and dr.'s to list epi as an allergy. Uh. No. I'm not allergic it, I don't think. I produce my own adrenaline after all. I just got some epi in my blood and it tends to make your heart pound good and royal. I don't want to be allergic to epi anyways as if I ever need it for rescusitation it could be a real lifesaver or for anaphylactic reactions.