View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

XAH: should I be concerned?

Yes, you read the title right but for the reason that I am wondering if how much of what my son tells me is truth or enhanced truths: My son has told me recently that my XAH wants me dead. He said my XAH hates me, which is nothing new to me anyway.

I think my question is: how dead is dead? And, do I think my XAH would cross the line and actually do something?

We've been divorced for nearly a year now. I moved out 16 months ago. I mean, when is the man going to move on? My son has told me that XAH constantly throws me under the bus, tells my son that I'm a liar, that I'm a tramp, that I cheated on him (never did, btw, unless you count dating after the divorce docs were dropped off at the court house and I was already living on my own), etc.

I will be moving in with my bf and his two young girls soon, probably over the summer before the new school year starts and just before my son turns 18. I'm thinking of getting a PO Box so that my XAH won't have the address. I'm actually grateful that this new house will be in a gated community, as well. But, sheesh, I hate having to think this way. I hate thinking what if? What if he really does snap one day and do this? I've seen him talk about murdering other people in the past when he was in a crazy rage (note even drug or alcohol induced either) but he always admitted he was a coward and would never shoot someone or harm them that way and the worst I've ever seen him do is beat our dog many, many years ago.

Sigh......I hate thinking this way. I just want to turn it around and guess that my son might be exaggerating or maybe his own concerns about what his father shared scares him and he needed to get it off his chest? I am getting my son back to therapy, too, by the way because this was all news to me. My son also told me that they went gun shopping a few weeks ago but then followed it up with, "I don't think he'd do anything to YOU with it mom. He was just shopping...." Well, my ex has been shopping for a gun for years so I try not to focus on that fact. My bf was an expert marksman when he served in the army but does not keep guns in his house.