Old 03-28-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
seasaw

Hi ajarlson <3

I got myself to a coda meeting today, so i'm patting myself on the back for that. me and mr seasaw were at odds all weekend. i'm trying to put myself together. maaahhhhh.

disconnecting from people - yeah, it can be easy, which can be dangerous, because once that switch gets flipped it's next to impossible to get it back. but i'm so glad it's there, in the case of the truly toxic and dysfunctional - like with our moms. i'm glad for you that NC is going well like it should. being around my mom for a few weeks surrounding the end of my grandma's life was sooooo tricky, but in some ways it didn't feel like an interruption of being NC. the switch had been flipped, and even being in the same room with her didn't change the fact that i had excised her from my life. i could see her for who she truly is. so should you care more? nope cuz you done seen the light girlfriend!

i just sent off an email volunteering to do outreach work for the lovely local place that hosts support groups and other recovery resources to people like us in my area, they just happened to make a Facebook post looking for people today and i responded. human interaction here i come.