Old 03-28-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RattleAndHum

92 days. Short fuse. Irritable. But getting better.

Hey everyone --

I've come a long way -- 92 days -- and my life is progressing in a way not possible during my drinking days. Recently, however, I've been irritable with a short fuse and more anxiety than normal (I say "than normal" because I'm on anxiety meds already). I've been fine sleeping until this past week. Insomnia, unfortunately, has recently been rearing its ugly head, which I know can't help. I've had a few brief AV moments but recognized them for what they were pretty quickly. I have no urge to drink now and have been active in my recovery. Physically and temperamentally, everyone is just getting on my nerves!

With all of this going on, I've still managed to take a more active role at work and in the community, even presenting more in front of colleagues and taking part in meetings to help our school system, things I would've shied away from or simply ignored, thinking someone else would take care of things. In many ways, I feel more like a responsible contributor to society. This past week has just been rough.

Thanks for your continued support. As always, SR has been a huge help each and every sober day.