Old 07-18-2005, 11:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
michaelj
Michael

Richey,
I have been following your posts for a while now and I think you are not only dependent on alcohol and drugs but on other folks helping you out. This is not meant to sound harsh but to be an honest appraisal. You will always be dependent while you maintain your current outlook. You will only break out of your dependency cycle when you decide to do something for yourself, by yourself.
As a case in point you are asking for help in finding a local AA meeting, you don't need help to do that. You just need to get on to the internet and type in AA and follow your nose from there.
Utter dependence on others is poison to the soul and can lead us to see ourselves as victims. If you concentrate on you and exclude others from the equation you will see that neither you nor any of us are victims here, we consciously and of our own free will took to beer, scotch, vodka or any other addictive substance. Nobody force fed me and I am sure that goes for you too. No knight in shining armour is going to come along and slay the dragon, it can only be slain by good old you.
Time to take responsibility for your own actions and get to grips with the dragon.
Go for it Richey, you have nothing to lose but a continuing dependency.
Michael