Old 03-26-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Originally Posted by seasaw View Post
... i'm three days in bed now, just distracting myself with tv and other escapist behaviors. ...
Yikes, that sounds awful. Sorry to hear that

...but i stopped a couple months ago. and now, it's like... i'm crying a lot less, i'm less emotional... but what's left is the indifference, this dangerous ambivalence. ...
hmmm... sounds to me like you swung way over to super-recovery and now you are swinging to the opposite extreme. I do that too, swing from one extreme to another. The whole concept of "balance" is something I still work on.

... a reasonable person would suggest...
That would be reasonable for a person with a normal childhood. We ACoA's are _special_

... my therapist would say it's under-medicated major depressive disorder talking. but i'm pretty medicated....
Would you say "under" medicated? Or perhaps just not _balanced_ medicated? And does your brain function well enough when not correctly medicated to be able to self-diagnose?

... i feel like i need to actually alter on a basic personality level ...
I don't know about that. ACoA issues are _not_ basic personality issues, they're just obsolete survival skills.

Now if it turns out that in real life you are some kind of purple alien from outer space with green tentacles and yellow claws well then ... maybe.... you do have something deep going on <joke>

... i just needed to say it to a group who would accept and understand me. ...
Yeah we get it. Go ahead and vent all you want, that is what we are here for.

Mike