Old 03-25-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Talltrees

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
good to SEE you, i hope everything else is going well!?
It's good to see you too! I love seeing the familiar names that popped up so frequently a couple of years ago when I was more active on SR. Things are great. Really. I'm a work in progress as always, but my world has never been better. How are YOU?

And to everyone, thank you for the support. I am recognizing that my own self-doubt is probably where I need to do some work... AND, there are still so many secrets in the world of my addicts and the true story will always be worse than I thought--more severe than I ever imagined possible. I've kept my distance from my family, and because of this I have built a life that makes me proud. But as a result of staying away, I now only vaguely recognize the sound of quacking when I hear it (man, they really do get better at manipulating over time, LOL). I understand now that staying away is not enough, and that I need to be HERE, with support and reminders that my addicts are still addicts, and if they're not clean/sober, they have, without a doubt, gotten sicker, whether I see them every day or once a year.

So thanks. I'll be around :-)