View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jtmlk

Ten day count down

In an hour I will be on day 19 then it's a 10 day countdown to day 29 which will be the longest I haven't drunk for in 30 years- my whole drinking life.
I went to the pub again earlier with a drinking friend, at one stage someone tried to order me a strongbow but I politely but firmly declined. Every time I go to the pub these days I get so so bored, more than an hour or so and I'm practically blanked out and asleep.
I still will pop up maybe once or twice a week as these are where the majority of my friends are and in the whole they are glad I'm not drinking. It also makes them question there own alcohol consumption which can make them a little on edge sometimes.
I think my depression is lifting now I'm sober, I was watching a DVDs of mr Bean with the boys and as well as them laughing I found myself laughing as well- something my morose self hasn't done for a long time.
All I can say is everyone on here who has given me the support and courage to make it up to now you are all truly inspirational

Last edited by Jtmlk; 03-25-2016 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Spelling