View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gemlitigate

I'm Falling Apart

7 weeks no contact from leaving my xABF (2 year relationship) for the second time. I haven't been doing well per se but I've been slowly trudging along, going to therapy, reading books, trying meditation and working to be more present for my kids.
My brother ran into xABF last night and felt the need to relay the conversation to me. That he asked how I was doing, that he has a new girlfriend and is happier then he's ever been. My brother had innocent intentions, he said he was hoping it would help me come to acceptance and move on.

I am completely devastated. The intensity of my emotions is actually scaring me. This feels even worse than the break ups and I have no idea why. I left him twice, I know it wasn't a healthy relationship for me, and of course he's going to move on and it's none of my business. But I can't help feeling this overwhelming grief. That he moved on so quickly while I can barely function. That she's potentially getting the sober, amazing version of him that I had in the beginning. I can't stop picturing them doing all the things we used to do, like I vividly am picturing his face, his voice. I haven't done that in weeks.
7 weeks of progress down the drain in an instant. I feel like I'm never getting over this, never getting over him.
Sorry for the pity party - I know this wasn't a marriage, we didn't have kids together, or houses or finances to split. But it hurts so damn much, I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown.