View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kenny2016

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Kenny---if you are miserable and want out.....may I ask what is holding you back?
How can we help you?

dandylion
I nearly left 5 years ago. I think the only reason I stayed was because I didn't think she would be able to take care of herself. I would support her financial of course, but she will overspend. In our 25 years together, she has hidden credit card debt from me numerous times. The last time ending with her recent hospitalization. I had to go through her mail, since she was basically an invalid. She had $16000 in debt I was unaware of. Of course I was also worried about her well being. I felt that leaving would cause her drinking to get even more out of control.

It seems that it did anyway.

Now with her weakened and most likely disabled condition, these same worries seem even more important. I understand now that I need to take care of my own needs, but it's hard.

I know I have to figure this out on my own, but a appreciate having the opportunity to vent here. I am reading a lot of good information on this site, and trying to let it all soak in. Perhaps time will bring clarity.