View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
robina
How Important Is It?

Well, the psychiatrist who treated my daughter when she was in the psych ward told me they cannot diagnose bi-polar based on one manic episode. So they have given her a label of "Borderline Personality Disorder". However, they have her taking Zyprexa, which is a medication that is given to bi-polars and schitzophrenics. She is doing better since being on the Zyprexa... so far, so good.

spiritual manic - your comments really struck a chord with me. "Complex, creative, and scattered" is a perfect description of my daughter since she was a little girl. I've been trying to be more understanding of her behaviour - I keep reminding myself that she is suffering and she would behave better if she could... Thanks for your perspective.

reiki - yes, it is sometimes so hard to deal with her because her memory of things is so much at odds with mine. I have learned that arguing is the worst possible thing I could do... I find that working my Alanon program is helping me to stay sane while trying to deal with this... Sometimes I get so angry and I feel hopeless and stuck... At times like that, I try to remember to turn everything over to my higher power.

Robin