Old 03-22-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Keeping this reasonably short tonight as I'm pooped after a long day of work. All is good here, but I'm ready to go lay in bed with a good book for a while. I'm off the next two days except I have to be up way too early at work for a useless quick meeting in the morning. Oh well, I'm just grateful for my job.

Finishing up day 10. It's good to be back in the double digits. Typically for me days 7 to 12 or so are really hard, but so far I haven't had a craving one. Think I'm still on a bit of a natural high from facing my shame and embarrassment in coming back here. Whatever is the reason, I'll take it.

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Just feeling sad (about not being able to get this right)
If you're going to bed sober tonight, then you got it right for today, Ladybug2. Don't be so hard on yourself. Give your little one a big hug and a kiss. She'll forgive you immediately. Kids are great like that.

Grab yourself something sweet to eat out of a vending machine or something, NotLuke. Or watch some bad brainless television. Or maybe take a long hot bath. 12 days is great, and these cravings have no real power over you and will pass if you only give it a little time. Hope you'll check in as much as you need to tonight. I'm thinking of you.

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Absolutely Kiki! We have to learn from our mistakes. I do know what you mean though, there was one point today, when I had a split second thought because I was so sick of feeling so low, that I wanted to just continue drinking. We can't even give those thoughts a moment's consideration.
Good on you for not engaging with that thought. That's progress.

Welcome to the class, Jacks123 and tumbleweedgirl. We've got some great support going here and I look forward to growing with you in our recovery from addiction.

Hope everyone who hasn't checked in today does so soon. Wishing a great afternoon and evening to our Australian members--Immri and Mish and anyone else I may have missed--and sweet dreams to everyone else. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. Doesn't matter if you're happy or sad or lonely or jealous or angry or celebratory or bored, you don't have to take that first drink. It won't make things better and will probably only make them worse.